As you all might know, a screenshot is an image of the display on a computer or a mobile phone screen. It is a great way to show what is difficult to be explained in words or via emails/text messages. By taking screenshots, we can easily capture the entire information displayed on the screen and share it with others whenever necessary, and the good news is that we don’t even need a camera to do it. Screenshots are used for various purposes. People use them for advertisement, sharing documents in picture format or to save any online materials which cannot be easily copied or downloaded. But most importantly, they are used for trouble-shooting purposes. Whenever your computer program/website or your mobile phone device crashes, it would be difficult for you to explain everything in details to the technical staff online. So the best way to convince your friend or customer service staff about your issue is to take a screenshot of the error message or anything that appears on the display and send it to them. This would greatly help the concerned technicians analyze and diagnose the technical problem you are facing. Therefore, taking screenshots is a great way to communicate with people what your devices display without having to verbally explain it to them. But how do you take screenshots? If you have no idea how to do it, please stay with me. Today, I will show you how to take screenshots from your mobile devices. Just follow the steps given under each heading below.
IOS devices (IPhone/IPad)
- Open the document, website or the dialogue box displaying the information you want to share.
- Press the ‘Power’ button and hold it for one to two seconds.
- Without releasing your finger from the ‘Power’ button, press the ‘Home’ button. The camera clicks and the screenshot is taken.
- You can find your screenshots in your photo library inside the camera.
- Now you can share it with anybody you like.
- Open the document/website/any display you want to share.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button for a few seconds.
- As you press the ‘power’ button, press the ‘Volume-down’ button. The camera clicks and the screenshot is taken.
- You can find your screenshots inside your photo library, ready to be shared.
I have successfully tested this on my IOS and Android devices and I hope it would work for you as well. If you want to check out how to do it on windows, please Click here to go to the Microsoft Windows Help Center. I hope the above article was helpful to those who were new to this technology.